Monday, February 27, 2012

How to hem jeans! AND Photo Challenge!

Hey Pals!

 I've always wanted to know how to hem pants by machine! I HATE hemming by hand. It's so time consuming, and pants never looks the way I'd like them to. SO I found a video that helped a lot, and I have officially hemmed two pairs of pants! I have to hem almost every pair of pants I own. I'm only 5'2. :) 

Finished product!
Here's the video that broke it down for me!


See! It's SOOO easy :) I'm getting to be a pro at it now! I should open my own little hemming shop haha.


Yesterday the Photo Challenge was NIGHT


Here's an old night-time photo taken in Vancouver in 2009. I liked the way the street light was shining through the fog. Pretty cool. 



For today the challenge was: SOMETHING YOU ATE


HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE!!
We got half a pumpkin in our CSA box, and this is what we made!! I've Always wanted to try making pumpkin pie from scratch :) NOM!

Here's the recipe. Note that it makes enough for two pie shells! I couldn't believe that half a pumpkin filled two shells. Intense! I brought a pie to work today to share with my co-workers :)


Hope you're all having a fantastic day!

xo

No comments: